Thursday 17 November 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

Ok not the best photo I'm afraid, but I had to take it from my iPhone as my camera was out of battery! But ignore that. These muffins are delish and make a perfect Autumnal treat, especially warm straight from the oven.
I adapted a recipe which you can find here and made a few tweaks. For example, the Americans are huge fans are canned pumpkin pureƩ but I used fresh. Mostly because it tastes better, but also because canned pumpkin is hard to get hold of over here so is therefore stupidly expensive! Having said that, pumpkins can be a pain in the ass to prepare so feel free to use canned. Two other little changes: I swapped 1/3 of the flour for wholemeal, just to make them a bit healthier, and she uses "pumpkin pie spice mix", but I just used a rough combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
You could also add dried fruits such raisins, sultanas or apricots to these. Or maybe even some chopped preserved ginger. Whoooo you can go crazy with these muffins! Yeah, live on the edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...