Monday 13 January 2014

The End of 2013



  










Well well well...it's my first blog post of 2014, and here I am still reminiscing about last year. I'm just about getting myself out of the indulgent haze of Christmas and New Year, and starting to embrace January and all it's talk of healthy eating, yadda yadda yadda. So before my blog becomes full of healthy recipes and good intentions, I thought I'd share with you some moments from our Christmas. There were mince pies; a painstakingly homemade gingerbread house that we took to Little P's school to share with his class; a starring role as Joseph at the school nativity; a wonderful Christmas at home, which I managed to host without having a meltdown, and roasted a glorious duck (and a honey and marmalade glazed ham the next day);  waaaaaaay too much cheese and red wine; almost as much Prosecco; lots of lego building and Uno playing; a night of dancing for New Year's Eve; and quality time with family and friends. To be honest, we didn't want it to end!

So it's been back to reality with a bit of a bang...I had an exam to welcome me into the year, and a huge workload that I somehow completely ignored over Christmas. And yes, I will be trying to be healthier for a little while - although I'm definitely not detoxing, I'll be upping our fruit and vegetable intake, saving treats for the weekends, and cooking meals that aren't mostly based around pasta. I've even taken up Zumba again -it's entirely necessary after all that cheese. So you can expect some leaner recipes to follow, and unfortunately, rather a lot less baking. At least for now. 

So Happy (belated) New Year, folks! Let's make it a good one! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...