Monday 31 May 2010

Fattoush!








My brother Adam and his girlfriend Lucy have come to stay for a couple of nights, so I thought it would be nice to sit around and share a tapas style meal when they arrived. We had garlic and herb chicken drumsticks and thighs, patatas bravas, a spring green vegetable fattoush, salad, olives and houmous.

To make the chicken I made a simple marinade of chopped garlic, dried herbs and olive oil, rubbed into the chicken an hour before cooking, then roasted for 40 minutes.

The patatas bravas and fattoush recipes can both be found here:
If you've not heard of it (and I hadn't until I saw it in my magazine!), a 'fattoush' is a lebanese salad, made using toasted pitta bread and seasonal vegetables. This recipe used broad beans, cucumber, feta, parsley, mint and a lemon juice and olive oil dressing.

This is a relaxed and sociable way of eating, and I'm definitely going to cook more tapas style dishes this summer-hopefully to enjoy in the garden next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...