175g organic plain flour
125g butter, at room temp
50g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp finely chopped fresh lavender flowers (I only used 1/2 tsp originally)
1. Set the oven to 170'C/Gas 4. Put the flour, sugar and lavender into a mixing bowl.
2. Cut the butter into cubes on a plate.
3. Rub the butter into the flour mixture between your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Squeeze the crumbs together with your hands until they stick together.
5. Press into a round circle on a greased baking sheet. Or if you have a loose-bottomed flan tin, press the mixture into this instead.
6. Prick all over with a fork. Sprinkle with some extra sugar. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
7. Take out of the oven. Mark into triangles. Leave to cool.
8. When cooled, cut the shortbread right through and serve.