Sunday 19 September 2010

A Spot of Sunday Baking

Today we had a lovely afternoon with Rene and Chris. Some tea, eclairs and my homemade lavender shortbread. In fairness, the lavender flavour was a bit too subtle so next time I would add a touch more. It was a bit of an experiment though, so hey-ho you live and learn!
You'll need:
175g organic plain flour
125g butter, at room temp
50g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp finely chopped fresh lavender flowers (I only used 1/2 tsp originally)





1. Set the oven to 170'C/Gas 4. Put the flour, sugar and lavender into a mixing bowl.
2. Cut the butter into cubes on a plate.
3. Rub the butter into the flour mixture between your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Squeeze the crumbs together with your hands until they stick together.
5. Press into a round circle on a greased baking sheet. Or if you have a loose-bottomed flan tin, press the mixture into this instead.
6. Prick all over with a fork. Sprinkle with some extra sugar. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
7. Take out of the oven. Mark into triangles. Leave to cool.
8. When cooled, cut the shortbread right through and serve.

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely Jess! hahaha, that last photo! Toby face!!! and me, looks like I've got a pair of long saggy boobs...hahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I know, I'm sorry, I didn't notice that until I'd done the post already! That's the old lady jumper for you..
    I hate it when toby does that forced smile for the camera..he did genuinely enjoy himself! You two are such posers.Lol.x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...