Saturday 23 July 2011

Pools and Polperro

Well we're home from the sea, and I'm missing it already. Luckily the sun came out in the last few days, so we spent a very happy day at the beach in Looe. Laying on the sand, burying our feet, rockpooling, walking out to sea, eating ice creams, watching the boats go by....life at it's best, surely?





Then, a lovely evening in the nearby village of Polperro. This is a real working fishing village and is very small, so feels less touristy than Padstow and was certainly much quieter.



We found a very old, creaky and crooked fisherman's tavern on the seafront, serving local fish and seafood. Having bagged the best window table, we could sit and watch the fisherman bringing in their evening catches (this elicited different reactions from us..my Dad and I thought of how fresh and delicious they would be, whilst my Mum was grossed out. She's not the biggest fish fan. Toby was more interested in the boats themselves)




So in true form my Dad and I each had the seafood platter, which included (and this is a big claim here) The Best Scallops I Have Ever Had. Cooked in garlic butter and bacon. Just truly heavenly.










Oh take me back...

1 comment:

  1. Jess, That seafood platter looks AMAZING!!
    great pics! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...