Monday 1 August 2011

Emergency Strawberry Tarts

Ok, I know my life must sound incredibly twee that I would need such a thing as "emergency strawberry tarts". But...well, yes sometimes people show up and I want to give them something sweet. I like to give people cake when they come my house. Sometimes I even wear a pinny. That's just how it is.

Anyway I trust you guys enough to make this confession...sometimes I buy ready-made sweet pastry cases and keep them in the cupboard. Now, reader, you might be the type of person to spot such a thing in another person's shopping basket and briefly judge them. But hear me out! Would you not also be super pleased to arrive at someone's house, pretty much unannounced, to be greeted with a plate of these beauties?







Make a strawberry coulis by simmering some chopped strawberries and a handful of caster sugar, for approximately 8 minutes until soft. "Mush" (technical term there) with a fork until you have a thick sauce.


Now whip up some cream with a drop of vanilla extract. Fill the cases with the cream. Top with some coulis, fresh strawberries, and a good drizzle of more coulis.


And by all means, if you have more time and haven't been at work all day, make your own pastry. You'll be the better person for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...