Sunday 28 August 2011

Apricot and Almond Tart

Definitely the nicest thing I've made for a while. We ate it warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream. I suggest you do the same!


Line a 23cm/9inch loose-bottomed tart tin with sweet shortcrust pastry. I have a confession here...this was the first time I've actually made my own pastry. I've always thought it was one of those technical things that I might mess up, but I used Rachel Allen's recipe from her "Bake" cookbook and it was so simple. Maybe it was beginner's luck, but it turned out perfectly crisp. Find the recipe here.





Then here's how to make the filling:




1 medium egg, plus 1 egg yolk


50g unsalted butter, melted


100g golden caster sugar


100g ground almonds




In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Spoon into the pastry case.


Now top with some drained tinned apricots and sprinkle over some flaked almonds.


Bake in an oven pre-heated to 200°C/Gas 6 for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.




That's it! Be prepared to feel very proud of yourself..and you don't have to tell anyone how easy it was!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...