Wednesday 14 November 2012

A Parisian Food Market

Miss P Does Paris, Volume I

Every Sunday morning in the Bastille area of Eastern Paris, a food market appears that stretches down the whole of Boulevard Richard Lenoir, with more fresh produce than you can shake a baguette at. It's a total foodie paradise, and made me wish that I had a pretty little apartment nearby where I could cook up some culinary delights with the exciting goodies on offer. Even so, it was worth a visit to soak up the atmosphere, and to witness food shopping at its simplest yet most inspirational. Surely this is how it should always be? 




 (me, looking like I've never seen a clementine before)








To experience it for yourself, get the Metro to the Bastille stop and exit at Blvd Richard Lenoir. You can also enjoy a hot Nutella crepe on your way around, as we did, but that's entirely optional of course. What you must do, though, is find the guy making fresh fruit juice to order on his stall with his little blender. His jus d'orange is probably the best in Paris!


Miss P x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...