Thursday 20 January 2011

Garlic and Thyme Mushrooms on Toast

Last night's dinner was somewhat rustic, based on my new ethos of simple, fresh, healthy food. Think Nigel Slater (with his quick, mostly veggie based meals) rather than Nigella (full fat cream, anyone?)
So I cleaned and chopped half a punnet of organic chestnut mushrooms. Then I heated a small knob of butter and 1tsp olive oil in a frying pan. Added 1 chopped garlic clove, then the mushrooms and about 1tsp chopped fresh thyme. Saute it all together for about 8 minutes, stir in 1tbsp creme fraiche, and serve on wholemeal toast.
This would also make a great brunch dish!


So after a nice light meal, I tried not to think about all the sumptous treats I had witnessed the other evening on Lorraine Pascale's new show Baking Made Easy. It really did make me want to go over to the dark side and get out my baking pinny.

In particular are the ammaaaazing looking Oreo fudge brownies...


If you'd like to give into temptation, then you can find the recipe here on the BBC website.

1 comment:

  1. mmm that looks delicious!! Think I'm gonna try this for Sunday brunch! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...