Friday 28 January 2011

Holy Halloumi!

So there a few ingredients that always get me excited, or that jump out at me when browsing a menu. Halloumi cheese is one of these things. If you've never tried halloumi before...do it! You won't regret it. It's a greek cheese that holds it's texture when cooked, and has a great flavour. It's also very substantial, so is a great base for a salad...


In tonight's case, I cooked some sliced halloumi in a heated griddle pan alongside some courgette and red pepper (for approx 3-4 minutes each side). Then I served this on top of some tinned lentils, which I had heated and added a touch of dijon mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice.


I've had a hectic day of packing up my house and painting my new flat, so I needed something quick, wholesome and satisfying. Tick, tick, tick!


Mmmm halloumi, how I love thee....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...