Saturday 14 May 2011

Green Vegetable and Pesto Fritatta

I've been a bad, bad blogger. I really do wish I had some exciting reason to give you for my neglect, but actually I've just had one of those weeks where my general attitude to things has been "meh". You know the kind.

Anyway let's lighten the mood. Check out this very spring-like fritatta (if you're lame like me, you'll enjoy saying "fritatta" aloud. Go on, you'll like it).









This pretty much came about as result of me wanting to use up the rather sad looking veg at the bottom of my fridge. It could just as appropriately be named "anything-goes fritatta". Anyway this combination included spring onion, mange tout, green pepper, spinach leaves and tinned artichoke hearts.


Roughly chop 1 small garlic clove. Heat some olive oil in a small frying pan. Add the onion, pepper, mange tout and garlic and gently soften for 3-4 minutes. Add the spinach and artichoke to the pan.




Beat together 3 eggs with a approx 100ml milk and some salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the vegetables, then dot 1/2 tsp pesto all over the top. Sprinkle over some cheddar (or any hard cheese, really. Parmesan or hard goats cheese would also work well.)




Cook for 3-4 minutes until the edges are starting to set, then put under a hot grill for about 5 minutes more.







Serve scattered with fresh basil. Really this will serve two with some side dishes, or you can do as I did and eat it straight out of the pan.....





...with some wine. I told you, it's been one of those weeks. Don't judge me. x


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...