Monday 9 August 2010

Summer Picnicking









Yesterday we went back to Holt, to visit the Courts Garden which we didn't manage to visit last time (as we spent so long enjoying our pub lunch!). It was a quintessential English garden, complete with orchards, old oak trees, roses, stone statues and a beautiful pond filled with waterlilies. I can't think of a lovelier place to have a picnic...other than by the sea, perhaps.
We sat on a little bench hidden amongst some bushes and looking out over the pond, enjoying our sandwiches and strawberries, where I discovered a bizarre little placquard with an old recipe for Rose Jam! Are you any of you brave enough to give it a go, dear readers? I'd be very intrigued to see how it turned out, but I dont like rose tasting things so I won't be making it myself anytime soon! Here's hoping for a sunny August so we can enjoy more picnicking pastimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...