Wednesday 10 November 2010

From One Miss to Another

I'm going food shopping tomorrow. So for now, I'm sitting down with a cup of Earl Grey, and flicking through my cookbooks for some inspiration of what to cook over the next few days.
One of my prettiest books has to be Sophie Dahl's "Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights".
The recipes do actually warrant the beautiful photography, styling and of course the equally beautiful Sophie Dahl.


The book is divided into seasons, which makes for easy scanning as you can go straight to the season and see what takes your fancy. Currently attracting my greedy attention are the Spinach and Pearl Barley Soup, Grilled Salmon with Baked Onions, Spelt Pancakes filled with Goats Cheese and Butternut Squash, and Buttermilk Chicken with Smashed Sweet Potatoes.

Look, even Sophie is excited by the sound of these...


It's nice to know this gal isn't just about style over substance. Each chapter begins with a little journey back in time to an important "Summer" (or relevant season) of Sophie's life, and although somewhat self-indulgent, it is intelligently written and contains some truly heart-warming anecdotes.
Anyway, now I must go and write up my shopping list...ooh wait, I've just seen her Orange Yoghurt and Polenta Cake! Stay tuned, readers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...