Sunday 7 November 2010

Vegan Pumpkin and Walnut Bread




So I was looking for a way to use up my (frozen) leftover pumpkin puree from Halloween, and I needed something to make for brunch this morning. Now I'm going to share my discovery with you, you lucky things!

Here's a great little recipe I found from a fellow Food Blogger who I am a HUGE fan of. You might have heard of her, as she's making quite a name for herself on the blogging scene. Her name is Joy the Baker, she's based in LA, and her site is full of some great recipes, witty writing and beautiful photography.

I have to say, I'm becoming quite fond of the American cup measurements. They make everything pretty straightforward, and mean you don't have to faff around with your weighing scales. Mine are from Nigella Lawson's Kitchen range...


This recipe makes two loaves, but if you're like me and don't have two loaf tins, you can make the other half of the mixture into muffins - I managed to make ten out of it. So to the girls at work, guess what we'll be having with our morning cup of tea tomorrow! (I told you I was becoming a feeder...)




Give this one a try guys. It uses no egg or milk, so is great for Vegans, but is somehow still unbelievably moist. Oh, and don't abandon me for Joy the Baker! 

You can find the original recipe HERE.

Miss P xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...