Thursday 8 July 2010

Grilled Mackerel with Sticky Soy Sauce and Sesame Seeds


Last night we had two whole mackerels, which I marinaded then grilled for 4-5 minutes each side.

I made a sticky asian marinade with 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tsp honey and 2 tsp sesame seeds. I cut 3 slashes in each side of the fish, laid them in the marinade in a shallow bowl and turned to coat. Left in the fridge for 5 minutes while I heated up the grill.
Afer grilling the first side, I turned the fish over, then put a small piece of peeled, sliced ginger into each slash. I poured over any remaining marinade liquid, then I cooked this side. Putting the ginger in at the last minute ensured there was just a subtle ginger flavour and it didnt overpower the dish.

I served it with brown rice and green beans, which I sauteed in sesame oil, chopped garlic and dried chilli flakes for an extra kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...