Sorry I haven't posted yet this week,it's been a pretty hectic one!
We had our friends Dan and Steph round for dinner on Tuesday night, and had a good catch up. We ate bruschetta topped with sundried tomato paste, mozzarella,basil and olive oil to start.
For mains I just roasted a free range chicken with lemon,herbs,chilli and garlic and served with homemade chips and a salad made with asparagus, peas, thinly sliced fennel and salad leaves.
For dessert I made a white chocolate mousse from a Rachel Allen recipe, topped with strawberries, raspberries and pomegranate. Here's the recipe:
100g white chocolate, chopped
150ml double cream
1 gelatine leaf
2 large egg whites
50g caster sugar
1) Melt the chocolate in a bowl of over a pan of simmering water. Set aside, leaving to cool slightly.
2) In a seperate bowl, whip the cream until almost stiff and place in the fridge.
3) Place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 mins until softened, then drain the water off and add 4 tbsp boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatine.
4) Put the egg whites into a medium sized bowl with half the sugar, whisk with an electric whisk until firm. Add the remaining sugar and whisk until the mixture is stiff.
5) Pour the dissolved gelatine into the melted chocolate and stir. Fold in the whisked egg white mixture and, lastly, fold in the cooled whipped cream. Pour into glasses or small bowls, cover and place in the fridge for a few hours until set.
Finish with seasonal berries.